This is a boozy take on a drink we all know and love from our local Thai restaurant. Hand-crafted by Bartender Matthew Kawamura here at Timbers Kaua‘i, this smooth concoction will give you island vibes any time of year.
- 4 oz of Thai Tea simple syrup
- 1.5 oz Koloa Gold Rum
- Almond Milk
- 2 oz Black Bubble Boba Pearls
- Ice a tall hurricane glass
- Pour rum and chilled Thai Tea syrup into glass
- Top with almond milk and boba pearls
To make Thai Tea simple syrup
- 4 tablespoons Thai Tea mix
- 2 Cups sugar
- 1 Cup warm water
- Combine and let sit for 10 minutes
Thai Tea mix is a strong black tea spiced with star anise, crushed tamarind, and cardamom.
Looking for another recipe? Check out the Spice of Paradise drink recipe – also by Bartender Matt!