Hōkūala is proud to announce their partnership with Folds of Honor, a non-profit organization whose goal is to provide life-changing scholarships to the spouses and children of America’s fallen or disabled military. Recently, they have also extended their service to First Responders as well. Hōkūala hosted the inaugural Operation Rising Star golf tournament at the award-winning Jack Nicklaus Signature Ocean Course on December 18, 2022 with proceeds going directly to Folds of Honor scholarship recipients in the state of Hawaii.
ABOUT FOLDS OF HONOR
Since 2007, Folds of Honor has awarded approximately 44,000 educational scholarships in line with their mission.
- $200 MILLION – Those 44,000 educational scholarships total over $200 million in educational impact.
- 41% – The amount of minority recipients of scholarships
- 91% – The cumulative average ratio of every dollar raised that has gone towards the scholarship program.
- 4 – The 4 out of 4-star rating given to Folds of Honor by Charity Navigator
Folds of Honor was founded by Lt Col Dan Rooney, a Class A Member of the PGA of America.
“Golf is in our DNA and what is a better way to give back to our nation’s heroes than playing a round of golf? It’s easy to participate whether you are an individual or would like to register your club. Just get out there and play, donate, and make a difference in the lives of military and first responder families.”
With over 240 million calls made to 9-1-1 each year, Folds of Honor is proud to stand with the brave Americans that protect our families, including:
800,000 Law Enforcement Officers
1,062,800 Firefighter Personnel
241,000 Full-time EMT and Paramedics
OUR CALL TO DUTY:
- There are more than 1 MILLION disabled and fallen service members affected by war.
- Nearly 2 MILLION dependents of military heroes are adversely affected by war.
- More than $9 BILLION is the cost to provide educational scholarships to all of the fallen disabled service members.
The goal of this event is to provide $5,000 scholarships to 27 requested recipients throughout the Hawaiian Islands.
Werenʻt able to make the tournament? You can still donate here.
We are humbled to join Folds of Honor to be sure that those who protect our freedoms and our families are never forgotten.