Travel Update: COVID-19
Aloha! Please find an update on your Timbers Kauai Ocean Club & Residences experience.
Timbers Kauai officially reopens on July 1st, ready to welcome inter-island travelers.
Per Governor David Ige’s latest announcement, out-of-state travelers may bypass the state’s mandatory 14-day quarantine in Hawai‘i beginning August 1st by providing proof of a valid COVID-19 test, taken within 72-hours of arrival showing a negative test result. This pre-approved Covid test allows all visitors to bypass the 14-day quarantine. For additional information and to locate a testing facility in your area, please visit the State of Hawaii Department of Health website. We are pleased to host Owners and Guests from near and far back to our resort.
Cleaning and Housekeeping Protocols
We have immediately implemented the following enhanced cleaning protocols across our resort:
- Use of EPA approved hospital-grade non-chemical enzyme disinfectant on all hard surfaces in guest rooms, residences, and public areas
- Increased cleaning of high-touch public areas using electrostatic application devices for more complete coverage and penetration including but not limited to elevators, front desk, door handles, bathrooms, railings, room keys and back of house
- 24-hour minimum rest period between departure and next arrival for all guest rooms and residences to allow for CDC and AHLA recommendations for additional sanitizing
- Provision of personal protective equipment (PPE), specifically face masks, are available on a limited basis upon request
- No-touch hand sanitizer dispensers will be available throughout the resort at specific public locations
- Appointment of a Hygiene Inspector at the property to help maintain all hygiene standards who is responsible and accountable for sanitation approval prior to occupancy:
- Each residence is inspected to comply with cleanliness, amenity, and product availability/placement
- Each residence will be treated by the Hygiene Inspector to sanitize and disinfect the space using an Electrostatic Gun dispensing an EPA certified, hospital grade cleaning enzyme
- Residences unoccupied for seven or more days will be treated with hospital grade sanitation procedures one day prior to next scheduled occupancy
- Remote, contactless check-in
- Residence keys disinfected prior to arrival
- Transportation and bell services will be modified and communicated ahead of your arrival
- Housekeeping daily tidy services are suspended. Supplies can be delivered upon request
- Daily front door delivery of fresh linens, towels, coffee, and other items available upon request
- PPE and other supplies provided in guest rooms and residences
- Resort Staff will not enter guest rooms or residences while occupied unless upon emergency
- Limits to be set on the number of people who can ride an elevator together, dine at our outlets, and utilize resort facilities
Food and Beverage
- Timbers Kauai following all guidelines set out by the FDA and the James Beard Foundation for cleanliness and operations reopening in a COVID friendly environment
- Reduced seating capacity to ensure proper distancing of tables
- Current recommended guidelines require groups no larger than six people not living in the same household / maximum ten from the same household
- All guest facing and back of the house staff will be ServSafe certified (industry-wide sanitation certification) for COVID training and recertified in food handling safety
- Dining room and kitchens will undergo cleaning, disinfection, and sanitation processes at regularly scheduled intervals throughout the day with additional deep cleanings each night
- Kitchen access will be limited to essential Food and Beverage operation employees only
- Touch free sanitizer stations will be available at the entrance and exit of the restaurant
- High touch surfaces will be disinfected after each meal service. These include, but are not limited to, tables, chairs, partitions, condiments, reusable menus, etc.
- Dining room seating at Hualani’s will be adjusted to allow for at least 6 ft. of separation between tables.
- Breakfast will be offered via minimal contact delivery pantry baskets
- Fitness Center will be open from 7am – 10pm with limited equipment access to allow for 6 ft. of separation between guests
- Equipment will be wiped down with anti-bacterial solution after each use
- Restroom and shower facilities will be sanitized repeatedly during hours of operation.
- Electrostatic treatment will be applied daily prior to opening
- Hualani’s is currently only open on Fridays and Saturdays from 5-8pm. Reservations are recommended.
- Pool seating will be reconfigured to allow for at least 6 ft. of separation between groups
- Spa will remain closed until further notice
- The Ocean Course at Hokuala is currently open
- Recreation Activities such as kayaking, biking and farm tours are currently available
*subject to change based on state and local requirements
- Staff to self-screen daily prior to the start of the workday
- Staff will be provided with PPE (e.g., gloves, masks, face shields) and follow all health guidelines as required by authorities
- Signage will be placed back of house reminding employees of appropriate health practices
- Room Attendants will practice strict adherence to hand washing and disinfecting tools. All Attendants will be instructed in washing and hand sanitizing protocols prior to and immediately after work in each residence
- Staff will be given clear instructions on how to respond swiftly and report all presumed cases of COVID-19 on property, and they will be ready to provide support to our guests. They will be instructed to stay home if they do not feel well and told to contact a manager if they notice a coworker or guest with a cough, shortness of breath, or other known symptoms of COVID-19. Staff and guests who exhibit any of the symptoms of COVID-19 while at the property will be instructed to immediately make this information known to managers and hotel security, respectively.
Hotel/Rental Cancellation Policy
A two-nights’ stay amount plus tax deposit is due at time of booking. The remaining balance is due 21 days prior to your arrival. Cancellation within 21 days of arrival forfeits your entire deposit (full stay). Cancel outside 21 days prior to arrival for a full refund.