Travel Update: COVID-19
Aloha! Please find an update on your Timbers Kauai Ocean Club & Residences experience.
There are new changes for Kauai due to Governor Ige’s signing of Kauai Mayor Kawakami’s Emergency Rule 23, which temporarily pauses Kauai’s participation in the state’s Safe Travels pre-travel testing program. This means ALL incoming trans-pacific and interisland travelers to Kauai will face a mandatory 14-day quarantine, effective December 2, unless they are located in a “resort bubble”.
Transpacific + Interisland Travel (For Kauai Only)
Timbers Kauai is one of only a select few resorts approved to operate safely under the Enhanced Movement Quarantine (EMQ), also known as a “resort bubble”. The plan begins on December 2nd which allows for resort guests to travel freely throughout the 450-acre EMQ zone within the oceanfront Hokuala resort, which includes: golfing, recreational trails, lagoons, pools, farm-to-table dining options, cultural and retail programming and more.
Mask mandates, temperature checks and an AQUA (GPS) monitoring bracelet are also required while under the EMQ.
As an added measure of health and safety, Timbers Kauai is requiring Owners and guests participating in the EMQ Resort Bubble to have a negative test result within 72 hours of departure. This test must be a molecular NAAT/PCR test but does not need to be from one of Hawaii’s Trusted Travel Partners. The results must be sent to Timbers Kauai at [email protected] prior to boarding the final flight. If a negative test result is not produced, Owners or guests are required to self-quarantine in-residence until a negative test result is provided.
For those traveling interisland OUTSIDE OF KAUAI:
All interisland travelers wishing to bypass the 14-day mandatory quarantine traveling to other islands from Kauai MUST have their negative COVID-19 Nucleic Acid Amplification Test (NAAT) results – from a trusted testing partner – prior to boarding the flight for departure. If test results are not available before boarding the final leg of the trip, the traveler must quarantine for 14 days or the length of the stay, whichever is shorter.
Prior to your arrival on Maui, Big Island, Oahu or Molokai, adults (age 18 years or older) will need to create an online user account and register with the State of Hawai‘i Safe Travels Hawai‘i program. You must also complete the application and obtain your QR code(s) for Hawai’I airport processing prior to departure.
Your QR code must be uploaded to your Safe Travels Account. The QR code on a mobile device or printed on paper gets scanned by the airport screener upon arrival.
Both interisland and trans-Pacific travelers will need to adhere to Kauai’s four-tier program that establishes when certain activities and businesses may operate.
Tier 4 is designated by less than two daily active cases. Allowed on this level are nearly all businesses and activities with minimal restrictions. On this tier, the 72-hour, pre-travel test program is in effect for all visitors.
Tier 3 would be in effect when a weekly average of two to four daily COVID-19 cases occur. Trans-Pacific travelers can still test out of the quarantine, but restrictions on gatherings would go into effect.
In Tier 2, the county will opt out of the pre-travel testing program, and the two-week quarantine will be required for all travelers. This will be triggered when the county hits a weekly average between five to eight daily COVID-19 cases.
Tier 1 would go into effect when there’s a weekly average of eight or more cases per day registered on the island. Here, no pre-testing quarantine exemptions will be allowed.
As always, the wellbeing and safety of our Owners, guests, staff and the Kauai community is our greatest responsibility. Timbers Kauai has developed and implemented comprehensive sanitation and physical distancing protocols while adhering to the recommendations by the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control.
Cleaning and Housekeeping Protocols
We have immediately implemented the following enhanced cleaning protocols across our resort:
- Use of EPA approved hospital-grade, food-safe, non-chemical enzyme disinfectant on all hard surfaces in guest rooms, residences, and public areas
- Increased cleaning of high-touch public areas using electrostatic application devices for more complete coverage and penetration including but not limited to elevators, front desk, door handles, bathrooms, railings, room keys and back of house
- Provision of personal protective equipment (PPE), specifically face masks, are available on a limited basis upon request
- No-touch hand sanitizer dispensers will be available throughout the resort at specific public locations
- Appointment of a Hygiene Inspector at the property to help maintain all hygiene standards who is responsible and accountable for sanitation approval prior to occupancy:
- Each residence is inspected to comply with cleanliness, amenity, and product availability/placement
- Each residence will be treated by the Hygiene Inspector to sanitize and disinfect the space using an Electrostatic Gun dispensing an EPA certified, hospital grade cleaning enzyme
- Residences unoccupied for seven or more days will be treated with hospital grade sanitation procedures one day prior to next scheduled occupancy
- In accordance with the state of Hawaii orders, face coverings are required to be worn by staff, Owners and guests while in public spaces at the resort
- Remote, contactless check-in
- Residence keys disinfected prior to arrival
- Transportation and bell services will be modified and communicated ahead of your arrival
- Daily housekeeping is available
- Due to strict cleaning protocols, check-in prior to 4pm may not be accommodated.
- Daily front door delivery of fresh linens, towels, coffee, and other items available upon request
- Limits to be set on the number of people who can ride an elevator together, dine at our outlets, and utilize resort facilities
Food and Beverage
- Timbers Kauai following all guidelines set out by the FDA and the James Beard Foundation for cleanliness and operations reopening in a COVID friendly environment
- Reduced seating capacity to ensure proper distancing of tables
- Current mandatory guidelines require groups no larger than six people not living in the same household / maximum ten from the same household
- All guest facing and back of the house staff will be ServSafe certified (industry-wide sanitation certification) for COVID training and recertified in food handling safety
- Dining room and kitchens will undergo cleaning, disinfection, and sanitation processes at regularly scheduled intervals throughout the day with additional deep cleanings each night
- Kitchen access will be limited to essential Food and Beverage operation employees only
- Touch free sanitizer stations will be available at the entrance and exit of the restaurant
- High touch surfaces will be disinfected after each meal service. These include, but are not limited to, tables, chairs, partitions, condiments, reusable menus, etc.
- Dining room seating at Hualani’s will be adjusted to allow for at least 6 ft. of separation between tables.
- Breakfast is not currently offered, but guests may purchase breakfast baskets for an additional fee
- Fitness Center, is currently available for no more than six properly socially distanced people at once. Masks must be worn at all times.
- Electrostatic treatment will be applied daily prior to opening
- Equipment must be wiped down with anti-bacterial solution after each use
- Restroom and shower facilities will be sanitized repeatedly during hours of operation
- The Fitness Center may be closed for cleaning during blocks of the day and may be unavailable during certain blocks of time for Enhanced Mobility Quarantine (EMQ) guests and subsequent cleaning.
- Hualani’s Restaurant and the oceanfront bar is open for lunch daily from 11 am – 3 pm and dinner Tuesday – Saturday from 5:30 pm – 8 pm. Reservations are highly recommended
- Pool seating will be reconfigured to allow for at least 6 ft. of separation between groups
- Spa treatments available by appointment only (arranged through concierge)
- The Ocean Course at Hokuala is currently open but exclusive to Timbers Kauai Owners on Mondays and Tuesdays
- Nalu’s remains closed. Recreation Activities such as kayaking, biking and farm tours are currently available
- Farm Tours are being held on Thursdays and Fridays at 9am. There is a 6 person maximum capacity
- Harvesting is currently unavailable.
- Tyke’s Room remains closed
*subject to change based on state and local requirements
- Staff to self-screen daily prior to the start of the workday
- Staff will be provided with PPE (e.g., gloves, masks, face shields) and follow all health guidelines as required by authorities
- Signage will be placed back of house reminding employees of appropriate health practices
- Room Attendants will practice strict adherence to hand washing and disinfecting tools. All Attendants will be instructed in washing and hand sanitizing protocols prior to and immediately after work in each residence
- Staff will be given clear instructions on how to respond swiftly and report all presumed cases of COVID-19 on property, and they will be ready to provide support to our guests. They will be instructed to stay home if they do not feel well and told to contact a manager if they notice a coworker or guest with a cough, shortness of breath, or other known symptoms of COVID-19. Staff and guests who exhibit any of the symptoms of COVID-19 while at the property will be instructed to immediately make this information known to managers and hotel security, respectively.
Hotel/Rental Cancellation Policy
A two-nights’ stay amount plus tax deposit is due at time of booking. The remaining balance is due 21 days prior to your arrival. Cancellation within 21 days of arrival forfeits your entire deposit (full stay). Cancel outside 21 days prior to arrival for a full refund.