Travel Update: COVID-19
Aloha! Please find an update on your Timbers Kauai Ocean Club & Residences experience.
There is an exciting new option for Kauai travelers who participate in an Enhanced Movement Quarantine (aka an “EMQ” or ‘Resort Bubble’) program, like that approved for Timbers Kauai at Hokuala. Mayor Kawakami’s amendment to Emergency Rule 23 and new Emergency Rule 24 shortens the mandatory self-quarantine period from 10 days to 72-hours. This applies to both inter-island and Trans-Pacific travelers into the County of Kaua‘i.
Timbers Kauai is one of only a select few resorts approved to operate safely as a Resort Bubble. This allows for Owners and guests to travel freely throughout the 450-acre oceanfront Hokuala resort, which includes: golfing, recreational trails, lagoons, pools, farm-to-table dining options, cultural and retail programming and more. Mask mandates, temperature checks and an AQUA (GPS) monitoring bracelet are also required while under the 72-hour EMQ.
Here is what you need to know when traveling to Timbers Kauai:
Transpacific Travel (For Kauai Only)
All incoming trans-pacific travelers to Kauai will face a mandatory 10-day quarantine, unless they are vacationing within an approved resort bubble, like Timbers Kauai.
The following steps are needed to enter the EMQ and test out of the resort bubble:
1. Pre-Departure: Receive a negative test result for COVID-19 via an FDA approved PCR or Antigen test 72 hours prior to arrival. These results must be emailed to Timbers Kauai in advance. If preliminary test results are not available before arrival, you must quarantine for 10 days or the length of the stay, whichever is shorter.
2. 72-Hours after Arrival to Kauai: Receive a second negative FDA approved test result, which allows for release from the EMQ. This may be conducted on site or at a testing center near Timbers Kauai. Advance reservations required; charges will be added to your room for your convenience. Post arrival test results will be registered with the Front Desk.
If you do not or choose not to have a second negative COVID-19 test, you may continue to participate in the EMQ program at Timbers Kauai for the duration of the 10-day requirement.
Inter-island Travel to Kauai
Inter-island travelers are in the Safe Travels program and are exempt from any quarantine if the travelers receive a negative FDA approved PCR or Antigen test result from a test taken after they have been in the State of Hawai‘i for at least 72 hours .
Your QR code must be uploaded to your Safe Travels Account. The QR code on a mobile device or printed on paper gets scanned by the airport screener upon arrival.
Four Tier Program
Both interisland and trans-Pacific travelers will need to adhere to Kauai’s four-tier program that establishes when certain activities and businesses may operate.
Tier 4 is designated by less than two daily active cases. Allowed on this level are nearly all businesses and activities with minimal restrictions. On this tier, the 72-hour, pre-travel test program is in effect for all visitors.
Tier 3 would be in effect when a weekly average of two to four daily COVID-19 cases occur. Trans-Pacific travelers can still test out of the quarantine, but restrictions on gatherings would go into effect.
In Tier 2, the county will opt out of the pre-travel testing program, and the two-week quarantine will be required for all travelers. This will be triggered when the county hits a weekly average between five to eight daily COVID-19 cases.
Tier 1 would go into effect when there’s a weekly average of eight or more cases per day registered on the island. Here, no pre-testing quarantine exemptions will be allowed.
As always, the wellbeing and safety of our Owners, guests, staff and the Kauai community is our greatest responsibility. Timbers Kauai has developed and implemented comprehensive sanitation and physical distancing protocols while adhering to the recommendations by the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control.
Cleaning and Housekeeping Protocols
We have immediately implemented the following enhanced cleaning protocols across our resort:
- Use of EPA approved hospital-grade, food-safe, non-chemical enzyme disinfectant on all hard surfaces in guest rooms, residences, and public areas
- Increased cleaning of high-touch public areas using electrostatic application devices for more complete coverage and penetration including but not limited to elevators, front desk, door handles, bathrooms, railings, room keys and back of house
- Provision of personal protective equipment (PPE), specifically face masks, are available on a limited basis upon request
- No-touch hand sanitizer dispensers will be available throughout the resort at specific public locations
- Appointment of a Hygiene Inspector at the property to help maintain all hygiene standards who is responsible and accountable for sanitation approval prior to occupancy:
- Each residence is inspected to comply with cleanliness, amenity, and product availability/placement
- Each residence will be treated by the Hygiene Inspector to sanitize and disinfect the space using an Electrostatic Gun dispensing an EPA certified, hospital grade cleaning enzyme
- Residences unoccupied for seven or more days will be treated with hospital grade sanitation procedures one day prior to next scheduled occupancy
- In accordance with the state of Hawaii orders, face coverings are required to be worn by staff, Owners and guests while in public spaces at the resort
- Remote, contactless check-in
- Residence keys disinfected prior to arrival
- Transportation and bell services will be modified and communicated ahead of your arrival
- Daily housekeeping is available
- Due to strict cleaning protocols, check-in prior to 4pm may not be accommodated.
- Daily front door delivery of fresh linens, towels, coffee, and other items available upon request
- Limits to be set on the number of people who can ride an elevator together, dine at our outlets, and utilize resort facilities
Food and Beverage
- Timbers Kauai following all guidelines set out by the FDA and the James Beard Foundation for cleanliness and operations reopening in a COVID friendly environment
- Reduced seating capacity to ensure proper distancing of tables
- Current mandatory guidelines require groups no larger than six people not living in the same household / maximum ten from the same household
- All guest facing and back of the house staff will be ServSafe certified (industry-wide sanitation certification) for COVID training and recertified in food handling safety
- Dining room and kitchens will undergo cleaning, disinfection, and sanitation processes at regularly scheduled intervals throughout the day with additional deep cleanings each night
- Kitchen access will be limited to essential Food and Beverage operation employees only
- Touch free sanitizer stations will be available at the entrance and exit of the restaurant
- High touch surfaces will be disinfected after each meal service. These include, but are not limited to, tables, chairs, partitions, condiments, reusable menus, etc.
- Dining room seating at Hualani’s will be adjusted to allow for at least 6 ft. of separation between tables.
- Breakfast is not currently offered, but guests may purchase breakfast baskets for an additional fee
- Fitness Center, is currently available for no more than six properly socially distanced people at once. Masks must be worn at all times.
- Electrostatic treatment will be applied daily prior to opening
- Equipment must be wiped down with anti-bacterial solution after each use
- Restroom and shower facilities will be sanitized repeatedly during hours of operation
- The Fitness Center may be closed for cleaning during blocks of the day and may be unavailable during certain blocks of time for Enhanced Mobility Quarantine (EMQ) guests and subsequent cleaning.
- Hualani’s Oceanfront Restaurant is open daily
- Lunch 11 am – 3 pm
- Dinner 5:30 pm – 8 pm Tuesday – Saturday
- Reservations are highly recommended
- Hualani’s Oceanfront Bar is open daily
- 11 am – 6 pm Tuesday – Sunday
- 11 am – 4 pm Monday
- Pool seating will be reconfigured to allow for at least 6 ft. of separation between groups
- Spa treatments available by appointment only (arranged through concierge)
- The Ocean Course at Hokuala is currently open but exclusive to Timbers Kauai Owners on Mondays and Tuesdays
- Nalu’s remains closed. Recreation Activities such as kayaking, biking and farm tours are currently available
- Farm Tours are being held on Thursdays and Fridays at 9am. There is a 6 person maximum capacity
- Harvesting is currently unavailable.
- Tyke’s Room remains closed
*subject to change based on state and local requirements
- Staff to self-screen daily prior to the start of the workday
- Staff will be provided with PPE (e.g., gloves, masks, face shields) and follow all health guidelines as required by authorities
- Signage will be placed back of house reminding employees of appropriate health practices
- Room Attendants will practice strict adherence to hand washing and disinfecting tools. All Attendants will be instructed in washing and hand sanitizing protocols prior to and immediately after work in each residence
- Staff will be given clear instructions on how to respond swiftly and report all presumed cases of COVID-19 on property, and they will be ready to provide support to our guests. They will be instructed to stay home if they do not feel well and told to contact a manager if they notice a coworker or guest with a cough, shortness of breath, or other known symptoms of COVID-19. Staff and guests who exhibit any of the symptoms of COVID-19 while at the property will be instructed to immediately make this information known to managers and hotel security, respectively.
Hotel/Rental Cancellation Policy
A two-nights’ stay amount plus tax deposit is due at time of booking. The remaining balance is due 21 days prior to your arrival. Cancellation within 21 days of arrival forfeits your entire deposit (full stay). Cancel outside 21 days prior to arrival for a full refund.