Travel Update: COVID-19
Aloha! Please find an update on your Timbers Kauai Ocean Club & Residences experience.
The state of Hawaii currently allows all travelers vaccinated in the U.S. (the exemption is for those vaccinated in all U.S. states and territories) to skip quarantine without getting a pre-travel COVID test. All vaccinated trans-Pacific travelers will need to upload proof of their vaccination to the state of Hawaii’s Safe Travels website in addition to bringing a physical copy of their vaccination cards with them when they travel to the islands. For those who are not vaccinated, Hawaii Travel Restrictions remain in place, including pre-travel testing requirements.
Here is what you need to know when traveling to Timbers Kauai:
Travel to Kauai (Trans-Pacific Travelers Without Proof of Vaccination)
All Trans-Pacific travelers without proof of vaccination coming into Kauai will face a mandatory 5-day quarantine, unless they have a complete and negative pre-approved COVID-19 travel test from a Trusted Partner Lab within 72 hours before arriving to Kauai or if they qualify for the inter-island vaccine passport program.
The following steps are pre-departure steps needed for ease of travel:
- Find your closest Trusted Partner Lab.
IMPORTANT: The State of Hawaii will ONLY accept a test from a Trusted Partner Lab.
- Receive a negative test result within 72 hours from the final leg/city of departure before arriving in Hawaii. (Note: Testing times may range up to 72 hours.)
- Create an online user account and register with the State of Hawai‘i Safe Travels Hawai‘i program.
- Complete the application and obtain your QR code(s) for Hawai’i airport processing prior to departure.
- Your QR code and negative result must be uploaded to your Safe Travels Account. The QR code on a mobile device or printed on paper gets scanned by the airport screener upon arrival.
- Have your QR code available and prepared for the Front Desk Agent at Timbers Kauai upon check-in.
If preliminary test results are not available before boarding the final leg of the trip, the traveler must quarantine for 5 days or the length of the stay, whichever is shorter.
Connecting Flights to Kauai (Trans-Pacific Travelers Only)
If trans-pacific travel has a connection to Lihue through another in-state airport (Honolulu), you will not need to provide a secondary QR code. For example: If your flight is LAX -> HNL -> LIH, you will only need to enter the LAX -> HNL flight in your Safe Travels account. The resulting QR code will be scanned at HNL (unless pre-cleared prior to departure) since that is your first point of entry and you will use this QR Code on Kauai to rent a car, check into the hotel, participate in an activity, etc.
Vaccination Passport (Hawaii Vaccinations Only)
Effective June 15, people (including travelers, visitors or residents) who are fully vaccinated, with at least one dose administered in Hawai’i, can upload their vaccination information to be exempt from the Trans-Pacific travel quarantine. Travelers are considered fully vaccinated on the 15th day after the completion of their vaccine dose(s). Vaccines must be either Pfizer, Moderna or Johnson & Johnson. For program rules and additional information, visit: https://hawaiicovid19.com/travel/
Secondary Testing & Contact Tracing Options
Timbers Kauai is pleased to assist with coordination of secondary testing upon arrival. Please ask the front desk for further details.
You are also able to download the Aloha Safe app which will notify users if they come into contact with someone who later tests positive for COVID-19.
As always, the wellbeing and safety of our Owners, guests, staff and the Kauai community is our greatest responsibility.
Timbers Kauai has developed and implemented comprehensive sanitation and physical distancing protocols while adhering to the recommendations by the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control.
- Check-in time is 4 pm. If you require early check-in, we are happy to reserve the room the night before; additionally, if you need a late check-out, we can confirm a half-day rate based on availability or reserve another night to accommodate you.
- Hualani’s Oceanfront Restaurant is open the following times:
- Breakfast 7:00 am – 10:00 am daily
- Lunch 11:00 am – 3:00 pm daily
- Happy Hour 3:00pm – 5:00 pm daily
- Dinner 5:30 pm – 8:30 pm Tuesday – Saturday
- The restaurant is closed for dinner on Sunday and Monday
- Reservations are highly recommended several days in advance
- Hualani’s Oceanfront Bar is open daily from 11:00 am – 9:30 pm
- Fitness Center, is currently available for no more than ten properly socially distanced people at once. Masks must be worn at all times.
- Electrostatic treatment will be applied daily prior to opening
- Equipment must be wiped down with anti-bacterial solution after each use
- Restroom and shower facilities will be sanitized daily
- The Fitness Center may be closed for cleaning during the day
- Spa treatments available by appointment only (arranged through concierge)
- The Ocean Course at Hokuala is currently open but exclusive to Timbers Kauai Owners on Tuesdays
- Nalu’s is open daily from 11:00am – 4:00pm. Recreation Activities such as kayaking, biking and farm tours are also currently available.
- Farm Tours are offered on schedule (please refer to activities calendar). There is a 10 person maximum capacity
- Harvesting is currently unavailable.
- Timbers Kauai does not have a sundries shop within our resort. Our concierge is happy to provide a list of the closest stores upon request.
*subject to change based on state and local requirements
Cleaning and Housekeeping Protocols
We have implemented the following enhanced cleaning protocols across our resort:
- Use of EPA approved hospital-grade, food-safe, non-chemical enzyme disinfectant on all hard surfaces in guest rooms, residences, and public areas
- Increased cleaning of high-touch public areas using electrostatic application devices for more complete coverage and penetration including but not limited to elevators, front desk, door handles, bathrooms, railings, room keys and back of house
- Provision of personal protective equipment (PPE), specifically face masks, are available on a limited basis upon request
- No-touch hand sanitizer dispensers will be available throughout the resort at specific public locations
- Each residence is inspected to comply with cleanliness, amenity, and product availability/placement
- Each residence will be treated to sanitize and disinfect the space using an Electrostatic Gun dispensing an EPA certified, hospital grade cleaning enzyme
- Remote, contactless check-in
- Residence keys disinfected prior to arrival
- Transportation and bell services will be modified and communicated ahead of your arrival
- Timbers Kauai does not currently offer room service
- Daily housekeeping is offered while guests are not in residence
- Option for delivery of fresh linens, towels, coffee, and other items available upon request
- Due to strict cleaning protocols, check-in prior to 4pm may not be accommodated.
Food and Beverage
- Timbers Kauai following all guidelines set out by the FDA and the James Beard Foundation for cleanliness and operations reopening in a COVID friendly environment
- Reduced seating capacity to ensure proper distancing of tables
- Current mandatory guidelines require groups no larger than six people not living in the same household / maximum ten from the same household
- All guest facing and back of the house staff will be ServSafe certified (industry-wide sanitation certification) for COVID training and recertified in food handling safety
- Dining room and kitchens will undergo cleaning, disinfection, and sanitation processes at regularly scheduled intervals throughout the day with additional deep cleanings each night
- Kitchen access will be limited to essential Food and Beverage operation employees only
- Touch free sanitizer stations will be available at the entrance and exit of the restaurant
- High touch surfaces will be disinfected after each meal service.
- Breakfast is not currently offered, but guests may purchase breakfast baskets for an additional fee
- Timbers Kauai does not currently offer room service
- Staff to self-screen daily prior to the start of the workday
- Staff will be provided with PPE (e.g., gloves, masks, face shields) and follow all health guidelines as required by authorities
- Signage has been placed back of house reminding employees of appropriate health practices
- Room Attendants will practice strict adherence to hand washing and disinfecting tools. All Attendants will be instructed in washing and hand sanitizing protocols prior to and immediately after work in each residence
- Staff will be given clear instructions on how to respond swiftly and report all presumed cases of COVID-19 on property, and they will be ready to provide support to our guests. They will be instructed to stay home if they do not feel well and told to contact a manager if they notice a coworker or guest with a cough, shortness of breath, or other known symptoms of COVID-19. Staff and guests who exhibit any of the symptoms of COVID-19 while at the property will be instructed to immediately make this information known to managers and hotel security, respectively.
Hotel/Rental Cancellation Policy
A two-nights’ stay amount plus tax deposit is due at time of booking. The remaining balance is due 21 days prior to your arrival. Cancellation within 21 days of arrival forfeits your entire deposit (full stay). Cancel outside 21 days prior to arrival for a full refund.