Travel Update: COVID-19
Aloha! Please find an update on your Timbers Kauai Ocean Club & Residences experience.
Kauai is now part the Hawaii Safe Travels Program with less restrictions to travelers. Owners and Guests can travel to Kauai simply, with a 72 hour nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) from a Trusted Testing And Travel Partner.
Here is what you need to know when traveling to Timbers Kauai:
Travel to Kauai (Inter-island and Trans-pacific Travelers)
All incoming travelers to Kauai will face a mandatory 10-day quarantine, unless they have taken a NAAT COVID-19 test from a trusted testing partner within 72 hours before arriving to Kauai or if they qualify for the inter-island vaccine passport program.
The following steps are pre-departure steps needed for ease of travel:
- Find your closest trusted testing partner.
IMPORTANT: The State of Hawaii will ONLY accept a nucleic acid amplification test (NAAT) from a Trusted Testing And Travel Partner.
- Receive a negative test result 72 hours from the final leg/city of departure before arriving in Hawaii.
- Create an online user account and register with the State of Hawai‘i Safe Travels Hawai‘i program.
- Complete the application and obtain your QR code(s) for Hawai’i airport processing prior to departure.
- Your QR code and negative result must be uploaded to your Safe Travels Account. The QR code on a mobile device or printed on paper gets scanned by the airport screener upon arrival.
- Email negative test results to [email protected].
If preliminary test results are not available before boarding the final leg of the trip, the traveler must quarantine for 10 days or the length of the stay, whichever is shorter.
If trans-pacific travel has a connection to Lihue through another in-state airport (Honolulu), a QR code is required for each leg.
Inter-island Travel – Vaccine Passport Program
Fully vaccinated Hawaii residents may travel inter-island without pre-travel testing/quarantine starting the 15th day after the completion of their vaccination. A CDC COVID-19 Vaccination Record Card with name, birthdate, type of vaccine, dates vaccine was administered, and lot numbers for each vaccine dose will be required. All doses recorded on your CDC vaccination card must have been received in the State of Hawaii in order to be eligible for the vaccine passport program.
Secondary Testing & Contact Tracing Options
Timbers Kauai is also offering secondary testing upon arrival, available upon request and done in the comfort of your residence or arranged at a local testing center. Please ask the front desk to arrange this for you.
You are also able to download the Aloha Safe app which will notify users if they come into contact with someone who later tests positive for COVID-19.
As always, the wellbeing and safety of our Owners, guests, staff and the Kauai community is our greatest responsibility. Please remember Kauai is a masking wearing community.
Timbers Kauai has developed and implemented comprehensive sanitation and physical distancing protocols while adhering to the recommendations by the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control.
Cleaning and Housekeeping Protocols
We have immediately implemented the following enhanced cleaning protocols across our resort:
- Use of EPA approved hospital-grade, food-safe, non-chemical enzyme disinfectant on all hard surfaces in guest rooms, residences, and public areas
- Increased cleaning of high-touch public areas using electrostatic application devices for more complete coverage and penetration including but not limited to elevators, front desk, door handles, bathrooms, railings, room keys and back of house
- Provision of personal protective equipment (PPE), specifically face masks, are available on a limited basis upon request
- No-touch hand sanitizer dispensers will be available throughout the resort at specific public locations
- Appointment of a Hygiene Inspector at the property to help maintain all hygiene standards who is responsible and accountable for sanitation approval prior to occupancy:
- Each residence is inspected to comply with cleanliness, amenity, and product availability/placement
- Each residence will be treated by the Hygiene Inspector to sanitize and disinfect the space using an Electrostatic Gun dispensing an EPA certified, hospital grade cleaning enzyme
- Residences unoccupied for seven or more days will be treated with hospital grade sanitation procedures one day prior to next scheduled occupancy
- In accordance with the state of Hawaii orders, face coverings are required to be worn by staff, Owners and guests while in public spaces at the resort
- Remote, contactless check-in
- Residence keys disinfected prior to arrival
- Transportation and bell services will be modified and communicated ahead of your arrival
- Daily housekeeping is available
- Due to strict cleaning protocols, check-in prior to 4pm may not be accommodated.
- Daily front door delivery of fresh linens, towels, coffee, and other items available upon request
- Limits to be set on the number of people who can ride an elevator together, dine at our outlets, and utilize resort facilities
Food and Beverage
- Timbers Kauai following all guidelines set out by the FDA and the James Beard Foundation for cleanliness and operations reopening in a COVID friendly environment
- Reduced seating capacity to ensure proper distancing of tables
- Current mandatory guidelines require groups no larger than six people not living in the same household / maximum ten from the same household
- All guest facing and back of the house staff will be ServSafe certified (industry-wide sanitation certification) for COVID training and recertified in food handling safety
- Dining room and kitchens will undergo cleaning, disinfection, and sanitation processes at regularly scheduled intervals throughout the day with additional deep cleanings each night
- Kitchen access will be limited to essential Food and Beverage operation employees only
- Touch free sanitizer stations will be available at the entrance and exit of the restaurant
- High touch surfaces will be disinfected after each meal service. These include, but are not limited to, tables, chairs, partitions, condiments, reusable menus, etc.
- Dining room seating at Hualani’s has been adjusted to allow for at least 6 ft. of separation between tables.
- Breakfast is not currently offered, but guests may purchase breakfast baskets for an additional fee
- Fitness Center, is currently available for no more than six properly socially distanced people at once. Masks must be worn at all times.
- Electrostatic treatment will be applied daily prior to opening
- Equipment must be wiped down with anti-bacterial solution after each use
- Restroom and shower facilities will be sanitized repeatedly during hours of operation
- The Fitness Center may be closed for cleaning during blocks of the day and may be unavailable during certain blocks of time for Enhanced Mobility Quarantine (EMQ) guests and subsequent cleaning.
- Hualani’s Oceanfront Restaurant is open daily
- Lunch 11 am – 3 pm daily
- Dinner 5:30 pm – 8 pm Tuesday – Saturday
- Reservations are highly recommended
- Hualani’s Oceanfront Bar is open daily
- 11 am – 6 pm Tuesday – Sunday
- 11 am – 4 pm Monday
- Pool seating has been reconfigured to allow for at least 6 ft. of separation between groups
- Spa treatments available by appointment only (arranged through concierge)
- The Ocean Course at Hokuala is currently open but exclusive to Timbers Kauai Owners on Mondays and Tuesdays
- Nalu’s remains closed. Recreation Activities such as kayaking, biking and farm tours are currently available
- Farm Tours are being held on Thursdays and Fridays at 9am. There is a 6 person maximum capacity
- Harvesting is currently unavailable.
- Harvesting is currently unavailable.
- Tyke’s Room remains closed
*subject to change based on state and local requirements
- Staff to self-screen daily prior to the start of the workday
- Staff will be provided with PPE (e.g., gloves, masks, face shields) and follow all health guidelines as required by authorities
- Signage has been placed back of house reminding employees of appropriate health practices
- Room Attendants will practice strict adherence to hand washing and disinfecting tools. All Attendants will be instructed in washing and hand sanitizing protocols prior to and immediately after work in each residence
- Staff will be given clear instructions on how to respond swiftly and report all presumed cases of COVID-19 on property, and they will be ready to provide support to our guests. They will be instructed to stay home if they do not feel well and told to contact a manager if they notice a coworker or guest with a cough, shortness of breath, or other known symptoms of COVID-19. Staff and guests who exhibit any of the symptoms of COVID-19 while at the property will be instructed to immediately make this information known to managers and hotel security, respectively.
Hotel/Rental Cancellation Policy
A two-nights’ stay amount plus tax deposit is due at time of booking. The remaining balance is due 21 days prior to your arrival. Cancellation within 21 days of arrival forfeits your entire deposit (full stay). Cancel outside 21 days prior to arrival for a full refund.