As we face this new reality together, we are deeply grateful for all those in our community who are on the front lines to help fight this virus and its impact on our day to day lives.
UPDATE: March 20, 2020
County of Kauai Mayor Kawakami has issued the following directive: “Until further notice, visitors should not be traveling to our island for recreational purposes.”
Hawaii State Governor David Ige signed a stay-at-home order commencing on March 25 effective through April 30.
Mayor Kawakami also established further measures including a curfew on island from 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. until further notice, while also directing that all restaurants, bars, recreational outfitters and non-essential operations be closed until further notice.
Additionally, as of March 17, 2020, Governor Ige urged for no visitors or unnecessary travel to occur to, or within, the Hawaiian Islands for the following 30 days. In light of these circumstances, we have taken the following steps:
- Timbers Kauai – Ocean Club & Residences will suspend all non-essential operations and will be rescheduling all upcoming vacations for any stays with dates through April 30, 2020. Our team is working diligently to reach out to all those whose trips will be affected.
- Further, we have acted to suspend all marketing communications encouraging recreational travel to Kauai, where possible. Any advertisements or marketing that speaks to visiting Kauai that publishes in interim will have been printed before we instituted the broad marketing suspension.
In the event that you are traveling to Kauai for an essential, non-recreational purpose, please reach out to:
Lastly, Real Estate and Development remain operational. Our passionate team of Real Estate brokers are always available to speak and answer any questions regarding Timbers Kauai real estate. Their refreshing testimonials of the Kauai community are inspiring.
A NOTE FROM OUR CEO: March 17, 2020
In light of the recent novel coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, I thought it was important to reach out personally to advise you of the steps Timbers Resorts is taking to ensure the safety and comfort of our Owners, guests and staff—which has been, and will remain, our utmost priority.
At present, there have been no reported cases from our Owners, guests and staff throughout all of the other properties that make up the Timbers Collection. We are keeping track of developments real-time and having multiple daily calls to continually monitor the situation. We have encouraged each Club Manager to communicate to their respective Owners, guests and staff as they feel the need.
- We want to assure you that all of your collective properties are safe and secure, and all critical functions (security, engineering, etc.) will continue, albeit with varying schedules as dictated by local authorities.
- As the situation is dynamic and fluid, we are staying abreast daily of the developments and advisements issued by local, state and federal governments, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), as well as the World Health Organization (WHO), to ensure we continue to take thorough and appropriate action.
- To maintain the highest level of cleanliness, not only for the wellbeing of our Owners and guests but also for the safety of our staff, we have enacted extra precautions at our properties: We are thoroughly disinfecting high-touch areas, including but not limited to door hardware, public areas, elevators, restrooms and vehicles; employees are maintaining a heightened level of vigilance by using gloves, followed by handwashing, and heeding reminders to not touch their faces; and we are staying up-to-date on the latest information and guidance provided by health officials.
- Finally, we understand the significant dislocations happening around the world, and we are monitoring daily costs and implementing control measures to be prudent in our spend while maintaining your properties and protecting your investment.
At Timbers Resorts, our goal remains to provide you with beautiful places to create lifelong memories, and your confidence in us doing so remains our main focus, and as always, we look forward to welcoming you home soon.
Chief Executive Office