Hōkūala is proud to announce the winners of this year’s scholarship program. These candidates were carefully selected from an impressive pool of Kauaʻi residents from the graduating class of 2022. The scholarships provided by Hōkūala are intended to support local students on their path to higher education after graduating high school. The winners will attend an institute of higher learning on a full-time basis during the upcoming academic year, and have demonstrated notable leadership among their peers and in the community. As a result, these students have been awarded financial assistance in the form of $1,000 per candidate to pursue their educational path.
“Everyone at Hōkūla Kauaʻi extends our best wishes to these fine young men and women in their pursuit of a higher education,” said Carrie Bligh, Operations Manager. “We would like to thank all of the students who applied for a scholarship and congratulate those who were selected this year. We are proud to honor these remarkable young adults and feel confident they will continue to excel in their academic endeavors.” At Hōkūala, we believe in honoring the land, embracing the community, and manifesting a spirit of aloha. It gives us great pride to announce this year’s winners.
- Joseph Sams – Waimea High School (Simpson College, Iowa)
- Nicolas Uribe – Kapa‘a High School (Kauaʻi Community College)
- Jaedin Lagundino – (Kauaʻi High School (Washington State University)
- Francesca Bivens – Island School Kauaʻi (Vanderbilt University, Nashville)
- Kirra Carvalho – Kauaʻi High School (Chaminade University, Honolulu)
Winners celebrated with a luncheon at Hualani’s on July 16th.